Why placenta encapsulation?.
Consuming one’s placenta following birth has a rich history.
Placenta encapsulation involves steaming the placenta, drying at high temperature & inserting the ground placenta into a capsule. Ideally you pre-book your placenta encapsulation while still pregnant. Early booking ensures room in the calender. However, this is not always necessary – check in!
Taking placenta capsules can:
- Help you to recover more quickly from birth
- Bring the body back into balance with your own hormones, made perfectly for you
- Ease postpartum depression symptoms
- Enhance & support your milk supply
- Increase your energy & combat fatigue
- Increase postpartum levels of B6, iron & protein
How are my capsules prepared?
- Your placenta will be prepared by a specialist who has been trained and certified by Placenta Benefits (PBI)
- All encapsulations take place in a dedicated work room & workspace, to Health and Safety in Food Hygiene standards, using medical grade cleaning & sterilizing agents
- The placenta is steamed with herbs (added to the water only) according to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) recipes
- The placenta is dried and ground into a powder
- The dried placenta is ground into a powder and put into an empty vegetable capsule
What will I receive after my placenta is encapsulated?
- The average placenta makes about 75-150 pills. The capsules will be beautifully packaged for you
- You will also be left with instructions for consumption
Let me help you have a birth and postpartum you’ll feel good about.
I am a professional birth doula, childbirth educator, placenta specialist, and provide knowledgeable support
to families during their pregnancy and birth in Kelowna.
I love to work with families and feel passionate about always advancing my skill set.
Pregnancy and birth is such a special time and the role of a doula is invaluable, whether this is a first pregnancy, or you are already seasoned.
I custom design packages that will suit your individual needs and values, style and preferences for support.