B I R T H D O U L A P A C K A G E
The Birth Doula Package is a comprehensive service designed to offer parents ongoing assistance throughout pregnancy, labour, birth, and the immediate postpartum. The package includes the following:
Birth Doula Support
- Free consultation: An important step before deciding to hire a birth doula. It is an opportunity to get to know one another and will ensure we would both be comfortable working together. This is a great chance to be able to ask the questions that can help you determine if I am the right doula for you.
- 2 prenatal visits: This is a time for us to get to know each other so I may better understand your needs. I provide educational information, we discuss your birth preferences and concerns, creating a birth vision. We will discuss comfort measures and will explore anything and everything as it seems relevant to you.
- Access to my extensive lending library
- Access to educational information, resources and referrals that are reserved for my clients only
- On-call services beginning in your 37th week.
- At-home labour support from when you need me: This is for home births and for those who want to labour in the comfort of their own home for as long as possible before transitioning to the hospital.
- Continuous and knowledgeable labour and birth support at home or in the hospital: including physical comfort methods, labour enhancement techniques, emotional support, effective positioning, informational support, and advocacy support to help you communicate your labour and birth preferences.
- Immediate postpartum support to assist with breastfeeding and assist in facilitating and encouraging bonding
- 2 (or 3) in-home postpartum visits focused on integrating the birth experience, answering lingering questions, assisting with breastfeeding and newborn care, and discussing your transition into parenthood.
- On-call breastfeeding support for the first 2 weeks
The fees charged are an investment. Please contact me to discuss. I can work with women and partners that might need a payment plan.
“Kathleen was warm and caring and we always knew she had our best interests at heart…” (read more…)
This is a unique series for women and their partners to gain a good understanding of our birthing community. This series will give you confidence as you enter birth and postpartum and practical tools for pain management in labour. Read more HERE for topics covered and cost. Be informed and empowered.
P R E N A T A L O R P O S T N A T A L C O N S U L T
Do you have questions related to your pregnancy and/or birth? Or, questions related to newborn care and/or breastfeeding? Speak with a professional birth worker and educator via phone support, Skype, or in-person, to gain access to information or resources for any of your questions or concerns. Caring, compassionate and informational and/or resource support. This direct and personal consult is for all or any needs related to emotional or physical support during this incredible time of transition.
S P E C I A L C I R C U M S T A N C E S S U P P O R T
I provide compassionate and non-judgemental support for all your needs related to grief, abortion, and bereavement. I focus on providing comfort, information and resources. I am an experienced post-abortion support worker, and am currently completing my training and certification in pregnancy loss and stillbirth. As a full-spectrum doula, I recognize the needs of every woman to be heard, respected and supported. Please contact me for access to my private, serious-inquiry-only area of my website. Here I will offer information about my specific services and how that might fit best with you.
Having the support of a postpartum doula can have a huge impact on new mothers and families. I provide support and information about infant care and feeding support.
Finding time for things like a showering or sleeping can be difficult. I provide assistance and relief so that women have time for a break, time for a nap or whatever the new family needs. I will provide direction to community resources for new (or seasoned) parents and infants.
Postpartum support is not discussed as much as it should be, and during this tender postpartum time, support is essential. Even a few hours of support can help families to know they are cared for by a professional dedicated to their unique needs. Professional support in the postpartum time can greatly reduce postpartum depression and help families understand how to identify how to best support new mothers.
*Postpartum hours may be included in your Birth Package, or charged separately. Ask me about how this works and what kind of discount is applied when hiring for both Birth and Postpartum support.
DON’T FORGET GIFT CERTIFICATES!!
They make a perfect baby shower gift & can be a great way for friends to support you. Ask your friends to visit here and they can contribute any denomination towards your doula care. Purchase a gift certificate for your expectant loved ones. The recipients can apply the amount to any service provided by Kathleen.
After your purchase is made, you will receive an email containing a printable pdf to insert into a card or you can send it to the lucky recipients via email. These gifts are priceless for a new mom or a mom with a toddler. They are also a great idea for shower gifts, or gifts from relatives that aren’t local.
Tags: Newborn, Kelowna General Hospital, Malachite, midwife, doula, Kelowna, baby, support, breastfeeding, LGBT, full spectrum, doula