A Better Birth
The Ultimate Holistic Education to Prepare You for the Big Day
“Not only did we get just what we were hoping for but we also had a really great time!”
“This was the best investment we made for our family.”
“Thank you Kathleen for educating us and helping us become more confident parents & go into our baby girls birth feeling prepared.”
A Better Birth is our popular prenatal birth education class with you in mind. We offer unique and holistic education and we value your time. We have taken all the best parts of our knowledge and condensed it into one day. You will feel prepared for labour and birth and will leave informed, educated and feeling prepared for this important event. We provide our clients with a folder of important information and useful insight and practical advice for any family having a baby in Kelowna.
Our birth class includes evidence based information, and offers a whole range of options and choices allowing you to be fully informed and prepared. Our unique class covers how birth works plus we explore various way to cope with labour, and any common interventions you should know before the big day. Our prenatal birth classes brings in discussion from a holistic perspective, allowing you to discover the many possibilities of this birthing time and to discover your own personal way to approach your birth.
(immerse yourself fully in your upcoming birth and parenting transition. This education and practice day is for women birthing plus her partner or support person).
Each couple will enjoy refreshments and delicious snacks.
Join us to be educated, informed and prepared.
We look forward to spending time with you!
- Physiological changes with pregnancy
- Process of labour and birth
- How our hormones help us
- Perception of pain (coping and pain relieving options)
- Behaviour & emotions in labour & how to prepare
- Comfort measures & partner support
- Common medical procedures & how to prepare
- Interventions (medical and non-medical)
- Informed decision-making
- The Newborn at Birth & Early Days together
- Preparing for Baby
- Transition to parenting
- Planning for Postpartum
- Postpartum Depression and Anxiety
- Community Resources: Chiropractic Care, Acupuncture, Nutrition, Breastfeeding
- Refreshments and snacks
- A comprehensive and important look at birthing taught by an educator and professional who offers holistic insight and knowledge to help you birth in confidence
- A binder full of information and resources covering all aspects of labour & birth, postpartum, newborn procedures and breastfeeding.
- Hands-on demonstration from birth professionals in exploring various ways to find comfort during labour.
- You will be provided with a complimentary one-hour postnatal consult or breastfeeding support **
Class is held at Community Midwives: 1617 Pandosy Avenue. Downtown Kelowna.
June 23: 9:30am – 4:30pm (class at Malachite house)
July 14: 9:30am – 4:30pm (FULL)
July 28: 9:30am – 4:30pm (class at Malachite house, limited space still available)
August 18: 9:30am – 4:30pm
September 15: 9:30am – 4:30pm
October 13: 9:30am – 4:30pm
**Early registration is recommended as we often fill our classes quickly**
Hospital tour offered for $20 when registering for A Better Birth
Call the office at 250.317.0400
**Private sessions offered**
We are currently offering a condensed Saturday retreat day. If you don’t see anything that fits into your schedule and time line, please contact us! We are happy to make alternate arrangements based on availability **
“Your class helped us embrace birth and parenting with comfort and ease.”