Professional Birth Doula
- 2 prenatal visits: This is a time for us to get to know each other so I may better understand your needs. I provide educational information, we discuss your birth preferences and concerns, creating a birth vision. We will discuss comfort measures and will explore anything and everything as it seems relevant to you.
- Access to my extensive lending library
- Access to educational information, resources and referrals that are reserved for my clients only
- On-call services beginning in your 37th week.
- At-home labour support from when you need me: This is for home births and for those who want to labour in the comfort of their own home for as long as possible before transitioning to the hospital.
- Continuous and knowledgeable labour and birth support at home or in the hospital: including physical comfort methods, labour enhancement techniques, emotional support, effective positioning, informational support, and advocacy support to help you communicate your labour and birth preferences.
- Immediate postpartum support to assist with breastfeeding and assist in facilitating and encouraging bonding
- In home postpartum visit focused on integrating the birth experience, answering lingering questions, assisting with breastfeeding and newborn care, and discussing your transition into parenthood.
The fees charged are an investment. Please contact me to discuss. I can work with women and partners that might need a payment plan.
I also support in the following ways:
- A Better Birth: Our popular childbirth preparation and prenatal education class
- Placenta Encapsulation
- Mom Hub (birth sharing and new mom group)
- Private Coaching (Skype included)
For any lingering questions, I have a list of FAQ about doulas.
“Kathleen was warm and caring and we always knew she had our best interests at heart…” (read more…)