Professional Birth Doula
- 2 prenatal visits: This is a time for us to get to know each other so I may better understand your needs. I provide educational information, we discuss your birth preferences and concerns, creating a birth vision. We will discuss comfort measures and will explore anything and everything as it seems relevant to you.
- Access to my extensive lending library
- Access to educational information, resources and referrals that are reserved for my clients only
- On-call services beginning in your 37th week.
- At-home labour support from when you need me: This is for home births and for those who want to labour in the comfort of their own home for as long as possible before transitioning to the hospital.
- Continuous and knowledgeable labour and birth support at home or in the hospital: including physical comfort methods, labour enhancement techniques, emotional support, effective positioning, informational support, and advocacy support to help you communicate your labour and birth preferences.
- Immediate postpartum support to assist with breastfeeding and assist in facilitating and encouraging bonding
- In home postpartum visit focused on integrating the birth experience, answering lingering questions, assisting with breastfeeding and newborn care, and discussing your transition into parenthood.
I also support in the following ways:
- A Better Birth: Our popular childbirth preparation and prenatal education class
- Placenta Encapsulation
- Mom Hub (birth sharing and new mom group)
- Private Coaching (Skype included)
For any lingering questions, I have a list of FAQ about doulas.
“Kathleen was warm and caring and we always knew she had our best interests at heart…” (read more…)