Kathleen Baker and Birth Journey Doula Care offer dedicated support with all your needs pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and postpartum.
I am a full-time professional birth doula, birth educator, postpartum doula, breastfeeding counsellor, and provide knowledgeable support to families in Kelowna and the Okanagan. I custom design packages that will suit your individual needs and values, style, and preferences for support.
Here you will find doula care but also, everything you will need in the journey from pregnancy through birth, and into the tender postpartum time. I am here for the modern family.
I believe the journey of birth and the transition to parenting is life-changing and takes preparation and understanding. I hold strong the belief that childbirth is normal, natural and healthy.
As one of the more experienced doulas in Kelowna, I feel passionate about always advancing my birth education and adding to my skill set. I love to work with families. And because pregnancy and birth, with all that entails, is such a unique time, the role of a doula can be invaluable.
Let me help you have a birth and postpartum you’ll feel good about.
B i r t h J o u r n e y D o u l a C a r e | K a t h l e e n B a k e r
“Kathleen you are amazing, a true warrior of women. I am so grateful you were our gladiator and am reminded of your strength, our strength, every time I look at my daughter. You are in our hearts forever![..]” the Braatens
“With her knowledge and compassion, Kathleen helped me embrace pregnancy and motherhood with confidence and ease. I can’t imagine having this experience without her presence…Kathleen was a godsend!” (…read more kind words from clients)
Specialized Training or Previous Experience Additional Services
- LGBTQ Families Breastfeeding Support
- Single Parent Birth & Prenatal Education
- Pre and Post Abortion Doula Services Mom ♥ Hub (guided birth sharing and new mom group support)
- Stillbirth Nutritional Counselling
- Miscarriage Aromatherapy
- Birth Trauma & Bereavement Homeopathic Support/knowledge
- Postpartum Mood Disorders Rebozo (sifting and binding)
- VBAC Baby Wearing assistance
- Water Birth
- Support with Epidural
- High Risk (medically managed pregnancy)
- Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse Rentals
- Home Birth Elle TENS machine
- Hospital Birth Aquaborn Eco Birth Pool
- Cesarean Birth
- Baby Wearing
AS SEEN IN